- "An elite Italian team with a record number of GP victories. Their cars are tuned for high performance."
- ―R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (Grand Prix mode team blurb)
The Racing Team Solvalou is an Italian racing team, founded in 1967 and is depicted as one of the most famous teams in the Real Racing Roots league in the lore of Ridge Racer Type 4. They made their appearance in the first Ridge Racer game as simply RT Blue/Yellow Solvalou and in Ridge Racer Type 4, it is simply named as RT Solvalou.
Their name is based off of Namco's side-scrolling shooter Xevious (the player's ship being called Solvalou). In Ridge Racer Type 4, Enki Gilbert is the manager of RTS. Players will experience semi-professional racers. RTS' tuning is the concentrated on top speed or acceleration, risking maneuverability. The RTS' is recognized for their victories in the 1995 and 1996 Grand Prix.
- "Racing Team Solvalou was formed in 1967, two years after Enki Gilbert's retirement from racing. Shortly after its formation, it scored victories over the years. However, during the 80s, something terrible happened to the team where one of their drivers, Giuliano Gilbert, was killed in an accident during the 1986 season, causing fellow teammate Shinji Yazaki to leave the team."
- ―nicovideo's Ridge Racer entry
RTS is managed by Enki Gilbert (born in 1931), father of the late Giuliano Gilbert, a hard man who had seen racers and crewman come and go in the circuit. He kept his personal feelings seperate from his team, creating an image of a man who demands perfection. Because of his perfectionist personality, he is known as "The Lion" due to his strict disciplinary training towards the racers of his team, and his stern attitude. Throughout the Real Racing Roots '99 season, watching the newly hired racer slowly achieve perfection makes him feel uneasy as he fears the same fate would happen to his newest protege.
In the Nintendo 64 title, R.T. Solvalou returns as a racing team using the Assoluto Bisonte, featuring the exact appearance as in R4.
As in Ridge Racer 7, Solvalou's no longer a racing team, but rather a parts manufacturer specializing in engine modification, featuring a balance of acceleration and top speed.
- Assoluto: Bisonte and Fatalita (RR Type 4, RRPSP, RRPSP2, RR6, RR7)
- Rivelta: Solare (Ridge Racer, RR Revolution, RRV)
- The RT Solvalou logo is an exploding Shooting Star projectile in the game Xevious
- Their main color is silver with a blue-white strip and their number is 02 while their old main color was blue or yellow.
- At 68 years old (during the events of Ridge Racer Type 4), Enki Gilbert is the oldest character in the game. As of the current day he may be 88 years old, but his fate is unknown.
- Enki Gilbert is a homage to Enzo Ferrari. Their personalities are similar, they are Italian racers, wear sunglasses, both are founders and presidents of racing teams and had their sons dead at a young age (in Enzo Ferrari's case, it's Dino). Another reference is the fact that Racing Team Solvalou is often portrayed as a works team for Assoluto, whose story and background is similar to Ferrari (even if their car designs are a mix between Lamborghini and other European and American manufacturers).
- It may be possible that Racing Team Solvalou continued into Ridge Racer V (as it is the default name for the player's team, but can be renamed in any way).
|Ridge Racer series|
|Arcade games||Ridge Racer · 2 · Rave Racer · Pocket Racer · V: Arcade Battle|
|Console and handheld games||Ridge Racer · Revolution · Rage Racer · Type 4 · 64 (DS) · V · Ridge Racer (PSP) (2) · 6 · 7 · 3D · Unbounded (Driftopia) · Ridge Racer (PlayStation Vita)|
|Mobile games||Ridge Racer · Drift · Accelerated · Slipstream · Draw & Drift|
|Related games||SimDrive · Ace Driver (Victory Lap · 3: Final Turn) · Dirt Dash · R: Racing Evolution · Critical Velocity · Pachislot|
|Universe and people||Ridge City · Ridge State · Shatter Bay · Real Racing Roots · UFRA · Reiko Nagase · Enki Gilbert · Shinji Yazaki · Sophie Cavalier · Robert Chrisman · Ai Fukami · Rena Hayami · Gina Cavalli · Stephan Garnier · Kara Shindo|
|Game mechanics||Drifting · Grand Prix · Slipstream · Nitrous · Car Classes · Customization · Special Machine|