Kamata (Japanese: カマタ) is a Japanese car manufacturer that is known for its all-round capabilities. The Kamata name first appears in Ridge Racer V, but their original car, the Fiera (also called the Fiaro and Fiarre) have been appearing before in the early games. Kamata can be seen as Ridge Racer's counterpart to major Japanese automakers such as Nissan or Toyota.
- Kamata Fiera (Fiaro in V and Fiarre in Slipstream)
- Kamata Angelus (White Angel in Revolution)
- Kamata Fortune
- Kamata RC410
- Kamata SYNCi
- Kamata (蒲田) is a Japanese name with a meaning related to cultivation of rice paddy, a traditional farming activity in Asian countries including Japan.
- In Ridge Racer: Unbounded, the Kamata name was found in one of the paint schemes for the Crinale. It is likely that Kamata either co-developed the car or supplied the engine, or it could a mistake from Bugbear, who developed the game.
- The logo of Kamata is a play on Hyundai, where the logo of Hyundai is a rounded "H", the logo of Kamata is a rounded "K". In some ways it can also be a play on Honda's logo, or perhaps, Saturn (due to their similar layouts).
- The Âge Prophetie and Abeille in Ridge Racer (PSP) are equipped with Kamata-sourced engines, which can imply that Kamata owns Âge, or are in an alliance with them, parodying the Renault-Mitsubishi-Nissan alliance, as Kamata is somewhat similar to Nissan and a bit of Mitsubishi.
|Manufacturers in Ridge Racer series|
|Active||Âge · Assoluto · Danver · Gnade · Himmel · Kamata · Lucky & Wild · Sinseong · Soldat · Terrazi · Zihua|
|Defunct||Lizard · Rivelta|