In Rage Racer, the car debuts as Lizard Hijack, featuring a NASCAR truck style bodywork. Power comes from a 5.0 liter overhead valve V8 engine mated to a 5-speed transmission, with an optional supercharger kit available as a part of its class-up tune.
The Grade 5 specification may imply that its larger, more powerful engine is now mounted on the bed as opposed to the car's front end.
Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)
- "The HIJACK can handle all kinds of terrain. A genuine sports truck that has competed in many drag races in the US, it is equipped with a 6-litre V10 engine and a race-spec bodykit. A true next-generation monster truck."
- ―Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) machine profile.
- Shuttleloop Highway
- Shuttleloop Highway R
This is the car's specs in the game
- Top Speed: 382 km/h
- Drift type: Special
- Class: Special
The Hijack is a big oversized super truck built by Danver, powered by a 6.0 litre V10. It features quite an exotically placed exhaust, mounted on its bed, and sports number 21. The trucks color is white, with many advertisements on the body. (Namco, Dig Dug, etc).
Despite its high top speed, being the second fastest car in the "Special 1" category, it has relatively weak acceleration and will require skillful control to master.
Ridge Racer 3D
In Ridge Racer 3D, the Hijack was renamed the HJ6000, presumably signifying that the engine displacement was increased from 5,000 cc to 6,000 cc.
The Hijack is not a good car to drive for a rookie. When you drift, one can expect to be wildly swung around corners and requires a lot of control to regain grip.
Ridge Racer 6
- "The HIJACK was developed by DANVER with the concept in mind of being able to "conquer any and all terrain". The HIJACK accomplishes this feat with flying colors, and does it with breathtaking comfort. Riding in it feels like going for a cruise in a luxury sedan. All internals, including the engine and suspension, were redesigned from the ground up, making this a new breed of truck."
- ―Ridge Racer 6 description of Class 2 Hijack.
- "A more powerful HIJACK fitted with a 6-liter V10 engine and a race-spec bodykit. It produces tremendous amounts of torque, and behaves like a rampaging bronco. A true monster."
- ―Ridge Racer 6 description of Class 4 Hijack.
The Hijack reappeared in Ridge Racer 6 as Class 2 and Class 4 machine. It roughly resembles as the Chevrolet SSR, or perhaps the RAM SRT10, as both cars are round-shaped pickup trucks equipped with big and powerful engines.
- Engine system: V8
- Engine displacement: 5,000 cc
- Drive system: FR
- Dimensions (mm): l/w/h 4971/2039/1595
- Top speed: 248 km/h
- Drift Type: Dynamic
Its racing version retain a wide body kit, a large rear wing, a large air scoop on the hood and a bed-mounted exhaust from its Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) model.
Ridge Racer 7
- "The Hijack has successfully blown away its pickup truck image to become one of the most popular sports trucks. This durable, easy to customize, low price machine can run on any surfance, on or off the road, and now competes in many race events. A groundbreaking race machine."
- ―Ridge Racer 7 description.
The Hijack returned in Ridge Racer 7, now a Category 2 machine. A special Complete Machine variant is also obtainable by winning the Hijack Duel. The Complete Machine's bodywork is taken from Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)'s iteration of the Hijack.
In terms of performance, this car excels in Ultimate Charge. Acceleration performance is not so good, but can be offset with Zolgear tuning kits.
Ridge Racer Slipstream (iOS)
It is named Danver HJ6000 ingame, with HJ standing for "HiJack".
Specs: Class 03
- Top Speed: 261km/h
- Acceleration: 19.15s
- Grip: 1.67G
- Drift: +26%
- Price: 45000CR
- This is one of three cars in the series to feature active aerodynamics, the other being the Soldat Raggio and Danver Bayonet.
- The large hot-rod styled hood scoop, which is featured on many iterations of Hijack throughout many games, implies either a supercharger or a carburetor with a very high air flow (CFM), similar to the ones used in the Pro Stock dragsters.
- It is likely possible that besides the Bayonet, Danver acquired the rights and assets of these models during Lizard's liquidation.
|Cars in Rage Racer|
|Class 1||Gnade Esperanza|
|Class 2||Lizard Acceron · Age Erriso|
|Class 3||Lizard Bayonet · Age Abeille · Assoluto Fatalita|
|Class 4||Lizard Hijack* · Age Pegase* · Assoluto Istante*|
|Class 5||Assoluto Ghepardo*|
|Class 6||Lizard Bulldog* · Age Vanquire · Assoluto Squaldon*|
|* denotes car only available with manual transmission|