The Assoluto Squaldon (Assoluto Dragone in the Japanese version of Rage Racer) is the fastest car available in Rage Racer at an insane 980 ps (966 hp). It looks like the 1988 Pontiac Banshee, known for its highly aerodynamic design. Its cost is 6,666,666 which could suggest that it was once intended to be the "devil" car in the series, taking place of the 13th Racing car.
The upgrade chart for all the car's available configurations in Rage Racer.
|Grade||Power||Gears||Engine||Max speed (MT)||Price (eg)|
|? (6)|| 980 ps
|6||3200cc V16 DOHC Turbo|| 370 km/h|
- All maximum speed numbers correspond to the car when driven with manual transmission. Please note that not all cars in Rage Racer can be equipped with automatic transmission.
- The price that appears in the first row indicates the car purchase price from the car shop. All other prices are prices for upgrading the car.
- All versions of Rage Racer uses ps (metric horsepower) as unit of power.
- Data taken from rr-ken.net (Japanese only).
- The car's purchasing price may refer to the number 666, which, in Christianity, is considered as the Number of the Beast.
- The fact that it had a V16 engine is a reference to the Cizeta-Moroder V16T.
- Given the fact that the car has a turbocharged 16-cylinder engine with nearly similar horsepower, it also references the Bugatti Veyron, although compared to the Bugatti Veyron, the Assoluto Squaldon features a V-shaped engine (with much smaller displacement) rather than a W-shaped version, however, as the Bugatti Veyron was released roughly ten years later than Rage Racer, this might actually foreshadow the Bugatti Veyron's engine technology.
- Dragone, the Japanese name of the car, meant a mounted cavalry in 15th century British army in Italian. The word Squaldon appears to be a made-up word, possibly a corrupted version of the word "squadron".
- The sound of the Squaldon's engine is basically a digitized version of a Formula One car with a V10 engine.
- It is the first car in the Ridge Racer series to have more than twelve cylinders (as it has a 16-cylinder engine). Other Assoluto cars later on in Ridge Racer Type 4, such as the Rondine and Estasi, also have 16-cylinder engines (albeit flat "boxer" types, as opposed to the Squaldon's V16).
|Cars in Rage Racer|
|Class 1||Gnade Esperanza|
|Class 2||Lizard Acceron · Age Erriso|
|Class 3||Lizard Bayonet · Age Abeille · Assoluto Fatalita|
|Class 4||Lizard Hijack* · Age Pegase* · Assoluto Istante*|
|Class 5||Assoluto Ghepardo*|
|Class 6||Lizard Bulldog* · Age Vanquire · Assoluto Squaldon*|
|* denotes car only available with manual transmission|